Friday, November 23, 2007

Blessings

Thanksgiving is a cool holiday. But it's never been a big deal for me. For some weird reason, God has decided to be insanely generous with His blessings in my life. My entire life. I am the most sheltered person I know. A great childhood. Excellent parents. Wonderful husband. Healthy children. Enough resources for a more-than-comfortable life. Kickass In-Laws. Really. I am not making this stuff up.

Every day I walk around holding my breath, can't believing that I live such a storied life. When it comes time for Thanksgiving, I really don't know how to feel even MORE grateful. It kind of scares me. When is the ball going to drop? When will God decide to test me? So what's wrong with me that I feel trepidation on Thanksgiving? Sometimes I just breathe sigh of relief that another year has gone by full of joy and happiness. See, a person can have all life has to offer, but still be screwed up in the head.

No comments: